Tuesday, April 8, 2008

General Conference and Gas Prices

Well, we traveled to NRH to return Alex and to attend the Solemn Assembly on Saturday morning session. It was neat to have our other nephew, Ivan, in attendance with us. It was really amazing to be a participant in such a historical event. The spirit was very strong. We attended Alex's birthday party lunch after the first session and missed the second one as we traveled home. Sunday came and Clint and I contemplated attending the church building to view the session. Clint wanted to attend 2 different buildings (change of scenery), and pick up my car in between as it was at the dealership for service. I mentioned attending the one building and not traveling to so many places-since gas prices have continued to go up and we traveled our 100miles round trip to visit family on Saturday. So, we decided to stay home and watch conference on the internet and not travel anywhere. It was wonderful to hear the words spoken. I always look forward to Conference and am never disappointed. President Monson seemed to show another side that I don't remember and it reminded me of President Hinckley. It was a pleasant surprise.

2 comments:

John-n-Mel said...

just out of curiousity, how much are gas prices in TX? I don't doubt they are high, just wondering how high they are and if they've reached the same insane prices we have...

Clint and Elle said...

oh, yes, gas is now $3.32 for regular. I'm sure yours is higher, but it's too high for me!