Monday, June 23, 2008

Spending my day

Well, I woke up today and decided I would clean my house. You'd think that I might decided to do this every day and thus it's not a decision, but ah, it is with me. You see since I only have 2 places to go-the gym and the grocery store, my days are spent at home. Since there isn't really much motivation to clean up for anyone and we aren't really that messy, things pile up. But I am having company over on Thursday-a book club group-so I thought I'd get a head start. I wrote everything down I needed to do, timed it all, and then proceeded to rearrange the living room. No, it wasn't a distraction, well, yes it was, but in the process I did all those cleaning things you should do, vacuum, dust, blah, blah, blah. I'm very pleased with how it looks, too bad I can't show you. Again, someday we'll have a digital camera, but not anytime soon. Because.....

Well, last Monday afternoon Clint called to say he wasn't sure if he should tell me something over the phone or in person. He decided over the phone was okay, so he said he'd put in his 2 weeks notice. The last day of the month will be his last day at the dealership. Now, he had tried to do this at the first of the month and we had a long discussion, we both got blessings at the family fast Sunday dinner, and he didn't. We visited the temple and he got an answer that he wasn't expecting. He's no longer pursuing a job as an Automotive Facilitator. He's suppose to be building businesses, but since that won't pay the bills, in the meantime....???? Yup, he's not 100% sure what to do for a job, but he is now pursuing work in Public Relations or Marketing.
Am I worried?? Well, yes and no. I'm not sure how long we will be in this position of no income, but the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh. Through all of our drama this last year I've grown accustomed to not being attached too closely with material possesions. Do I like them, yes, do I want them, yes, is there a possibility that I might loose them all, yes. It's a strange feeling when you aren't attached to anything, sometimes the feeling begins to carry over to people-the lack of attachment I mean. But as my mother has advised me, "Send out good vibes, and have faith".

So our vacation this year will be in our very own backyard. Who needs to go do something like white water river rafting? I've got a wild ride every day of my life.

1 comment:

Teandra said...

I know everything will work out. Isn't life exciting!