Tuesday, August 4, 2009

July 4th Weekend

I realize it's August 4th, but that's OKAY. Most of the family got together for the weekend. Jennifer's family couldn't make it, but Micael's family, mom & dad, and also Tara's family came. We started out on Friday afternoon, Michael's family, mom & dad showed up. It was leisure, we sat around, then ate dinner. After dinner we got some bubbles and played with them on the front yard before leaving for the Forney Family Night with Fireworks.

Saturday we got up, took a walk to the pond behind our subdivision (not all at the same time), breakfast, then off the the Heath Parade. We rushed out of the house for the parade because according to the Heath website where it mentioned the parade route, if we didn't show up on time - we would miss all 10 minutes of it. Well, the route was longer than the 500 yards it appeared it would be. It went past the ending location, around the block, and circled back to end up close to where it began. It just didn't say that it would do that. It was to start at the elementary school and end up at City Hall - and these are about 500 yards from each other.

Anyway, then we came back to the house, Tara and family showed up. We ate lunch, went swimming and then played CASHFLOW. I thought we would go and see fireworks, but we didn't have to go anywhere. Once again they were in our subdivision and we could see them from our front yard. Overall, I think it will become a family tradition to come to our home for 4th of July weekend. Enjoy the pictures.

1 comment:

Teandra said...

Cashflow's an interesting game, played it once, but I'm bad. I called your husband back. Let me know if you guys have any questions about Primerica!