Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Genealogy, Clint is doing it.

Clint and I have a goal to do genealogy once a week together. We started this goal back in August and didn't do very well that month. Well, we didn't do anything that month. So this month as I felt time was ticking on I mentioned one Sunday night, "We should do our goal of genealogy". So we sat down, he on the computer and I on the laptop and we logged onto the Family Search website. He was looking up his family line and putting in his siblings names and birthdates. He was very excited about the idea that you could type in 2 BC, as if it had never been done before. Whatever gets you excited I say.

So, this last Sunday while he is in Albany, NY, I mentioned that he needed to go visit the cemeteries as I had family that came from that part of the U.S. So, I looked up a cemetery and off he went finding name after name after name of my family. He took pictures, walked, and walked, and walked, all with a sore back and enjoyed himself. Thanks for all the hard work honey. Now, I just need to pass these on to my mom-who's ancestor line this is-to discover if these people are related or rather, how they are related to us. As Clint said of one family name, "They've been dying here for 100years!". He makes me laugh a lot with comments like these. Next I'm sure he'll be doing research on his own family line.

1 comment:

melishua said...

hey. your color skeam is great. better then my spelling but you might think about changing the color of the words to a darker shade so that its not as hard to read. then it would still match.