Since Clint's little one week trip turned into 2 weeks, and he was home on Sunday and left again this morning and will be gone for 2 weeks, I decided I couldn't take it anymore with the lawn. I don't know the last time he mowed, and it did rain ALL last week, and anticipation of it raining tonight and tomorrow I decided to try for the second time to mow the lawn. Our poor lawn is patchy and thick in the green places and thin in the yellower places. I wasn't sure which was worse...the patchy needs to be mowed lawn or the patchy poorly mowed lawn. Both neighbors had to go and mow their lawns yesterday and today, so it made our lawn look even worse. (But I do like my neighbors and I would of done the same thing if I knew it wasn't so much work to use our mower.)
So, as the sun is going down, and the clouds are getting darker, I'm out pushing our push mower. It is mowing better this time now that the ground dried a little bit, but because of how our houses sit with practically ditches between them where the water flows and then sits, the mosquitoes were matured. It is hard to push the mower over the grass that's too tall and then to have to swat mosquitoes; was just a bit much for me. I finally came in and sprayed my arms and legs with Repel, but that only drove the mosquitoes to attack my shirt!
Oh, and the noise. I hate the noise of a mosquito right in your ear! Then to look down at my shoulder and see 5 mosquitoes on it and to see one on my nose under my glasses. You have never seen someone push a push mower so fast as I did tonight. I nearly flipped over it at one point pushing it so fast and it got stuck. Then, in the back yard as I hit the spot where the water runs off the roof, oh, it was an army of mosquitos swarming me, I promise. The noise decible increased 5 fold and I was moving my arms while pushing the mower and shaking my head. At one point I left the mower and ran onto the patio flailing my arms, shaking my head and ready to scream at the top of my lungs. I was praying that my underclothing was protecting me from the mosquito bites. I finally declared done.
I don't care how late Clint gets home from now on. If the lawn has not been mowed, he had better be out there mowing it. If not, then, I guess I'll pay someone to do it because manual is not going to be available any more.
3 comments:
Oh my you are a funny funny writer. I think it was your Dad that told us about Tea Tree oil for mosquito bits. But just think how flat your tummy will be from pushing the manuel mower?!!!!! What am I talking about - I'm the one that needs the hand push mower.
You know how someone is telling a story and you can totally relate and so you start to laugh. Well I have totally ran into the house flailing my arms, shaking my head scream at the top of my lungs. The ranchers flood irrigate out here so the mosquitoes are so bad you can see swarms of them like a tornado on the side of the roads in the ditches. That goes for my yard too. BUT I only have them for 40 days of the year. I agree with making Clint do it! There are lots of reason's why I married a man and that is one of them.
I read the False Alarm post and "wow". Know that you have three little nephews that pray for ya'll. We love you Elle and hope and pray for you to find a little person to bless.
Hilarious Elle! I can just imagine it. Mosquitos are pretty annoying. Sorry Clint's been gone so much lately!
Post a Comment