Tuesday, January 22, 2008

4 Steps to Change

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Resolve
4. Acceptance

These may not be the exact steps, but I know the first 2 are correct because I've been caught in them like the merry go round at the playground. Sometimes I move on to step 3, but then I jump right back into step 1. Is it the Pride Cycle? Could be...but I know in order for me to change I must come to the 4th step. I believe I have.

To continue the DRAMA.....the renter wanted another place, so oh well. I went to Houston last week to catch up on the Pampered Chef news, doctor visit haircut, and oh yes, I did go by our place. Our realtor suggested touching up some places on the wall if we had paint and since there is no furniture I had to do some curb appeal with our little patch of dirt on the patio with the ferns growing out of it. So, once all that was done-luckily I had no rush to return to Ft.Worth so I stayed an extra day to get it all done. Once you start to paint it seams like you have to paint the whole place. It didn't help that I had 3 shades of paint to choose from and didn't know which one went to which room until it was on the wall and dried. Taupe, grey and a little darker grey. Yeah for the Dollar Stores to help me get my project done. So, now we've had some people wanting to rent look at it-oh, and even an offer to buy came in today-but we turned it down. I am not interested in paying someone to buy my house. Clint and I have agreed that if by June 30th, our home in not rented or purchased we will be moving back to Houston.

Meanwhile, I have accepted that we will be living with my parents until the end of June and I am grateful for their willingness to house us. After telling more people verbally about our life (ex-coworkers in Houston) I've decided that I am finished with the perspective I have had on my current events and am moving out of the 'poor pity me' stage into the 'I am so very grateful' stage. LIFE IS GOOD Darnit! It may not be what I thought it would be, but I guess after making many many mistakes in life and saying-Okay I want to do Thy will-I have to accept what comes. Still praying about what is happening, but being flexible.

So, what have I been doing with myself since my new resolve? My mother has decided that she would like to redecorate the office. Well, that has ballooned into the entryway, the livingroom, the familyroom, and well, painting the hallway. The entryway was painted last weekend before I left for Houston, I have painted one wall in the livingroom with a FAUX look-don't ever let someone talk you out of which technique to use if you have already decided on one-I won't elaborate except to say it looks good, just took longer to accomplish. New furniture has been purchased and my mother is enjoying the improvements we've made and is very happy. I'll post pictures soon.

3 comments:

MacMui Mom said...

Life is good even though sometimes we feel like it is always poor old me! I am pleased you are cahnging the attitude or at least trying. I know the Lord has a plan for you. It is figuring it out that is so tough. Hang in there!!!

Silvia and Steven said...

Oh Elle! I know how hard it's been for you. Well all I can say it's hard when things get tough. Even though we know Heavenly Father knows what is best we are still have a hard time remembering that at the moment. Keep being strong. I know that by you changing your attitude it will help you so much more. How exciting about the room. You will definetely have to post pictures! I can't wait to see it! I hope all is well. Love silvia
Once i learn the actual recipie i will teach you sometime :)

Crystalyn said...

Picture of the house. Pictures of the nephews. pictures of you at church. pictures of Clint's office. I love pictures. Did you see the pictures of you and Jozie at Josh's wedding? They are on my top 10 favorite of the event.