I thought today would be a quiet day. Checking emails, cleaning up and visiting my grandmother. All started out well, then my mother came home from work (she works 1/2 days) as I was setting out to visit my grandmother. She's wanting me to help her redecorate the living room, family room, and office. So 1 1/2 hrs later, off to grandmother's house I go. I'm almost there when Clint calls to say our agent in Houston has a woman who wants to rent our townhome for 12 months, 6 months up front rent and to move in quickly-like tomorrow! Our agent needs all the papers he mailed for us to resign a sale agreement (ours expired in Dec), and a lease agreement and management agreement as our agent has a management company (I like the idea of renting, but not the headache of it).
Oh, the phone calls to make-first to the Forney home agent, then to the loan officer. Yeah! What a miracle. Our loan officer says that they are still having trouble with Clint's commision from his last job, but she'll try to keep pushing it through.
So, a little time with grandma, eating lunch really late, and then home again to send off the agreements to our agent in Houston.
By the time I get home I have a migraine and am tired. I look over the agreements and have questions so I call our agent. WELL, the woman hasn't actually signed a lease agreement, she wants to think about it...he's hopeful, but no signatures yet. Maybe tomorrow..........always tomorrow...'After all tomorrow is another day'....oh please, can I just finish today first?
Did I already mention that I think we all have a trial like Abraham to go through? But I think his was over in a day and mine is dragging on and on and on!
Oh, the rollercoaster of emotions from elation and hope to..well, I don't know anymore, really. This is what I was talking about by the DRAMA day after day after day.
One great piece of news is that our previous buyers have released the title $$, well, one of them has and the other one will sign when he comes back into town -he's a traveling muscian. So, that will help with some of our costs we've incurred.
I feel so good about our decision from two days ago to let the house go and then something like this pops up for what? to keep the hope alive? I DON'T KNOW is a phrase I always avoided and it has become the most popular thing for me to say.
1 comment:
Aaron read your blog yesterday and said you had a new one up.
"I don't know" is a very well used phrase around here too. I've started to use the phrase "it's not up to us" a lot more. It seems to answer their questions better.
I really hope things turn out, but I'm confident they will.tsbyz
Post a Comment