Friday, April 11, 2008

Has this happened to you?

I got much accomplished yesterday and there was a meeting at church with the women. Pot-luck and mini classes. That's what the calendar they passed around at church 2 weeks ago for the month of April said. I was busy going through things, hanging pictures, towel handles, etc. The time ticked away and I decided I would go to the meeting and I'd take salad. I have a BIG bowl in the fridge that will not all get consumed before it should I'm sure. No, problem, except that time slipped by and I really wanted to hang the pictures in the living room before leaving. Which come 6:45pm I was done, but then remembered....I don't have any salad dressing to go with the salad! Oh, it takes about 20minutes to get to church and it would take longer to go to the store, so I opt to heat up a frozen Bertolli meal in the microwave that only takes 11 minutes, and I'll be a little late-but much faster than going to the store. Okay, it's 7:04 and I'm in the car heading to the church. I make it there at 7:17 and there are no cars. Nope, not any. I realize I'm late, but come on, did I get the date wrong on the calendar? I don't know, I have no one's phone number in our new ward to call, so off to the store I go anyway because I needed to buy tuna for Clint's sandwiches. I make it home and check the calendar and well.....I even asked Clint what day it was because I needed to double check. Yep, it's all there for the 10th of April. So, one of those moments in life that I was kinda glad because I'd rather be at home anyway, but confused to know if I'll trust that information again. Oh, well. Off to see grandma today and help mom and dad rearrange the new furniture that just got delivered yesterday. Fun day for me. :)

2 comments:

The 3 Nomads said...

I hate it when that stuff happens!! It is so frustrating when you work so hard to get somewhere and then realize your not where you should be or it's the wrong date, etc and especially when you can't get a hold of anybody. Argh...Sorry

Crystalyn said...

Oh that is funny. I have so been there.