Whew.......Finally, I finished our taxes yesterday! The screaming banshee is off my back and I am so glad. It was my goal to reach the next level on our return and I got really close by $62.00. I was aiming for the next $1000 mark. I knew I had several things that would help-charity, business, mortgage interest, school loan, etc. One thing I'm a little worried about is being audited. Only because Turbotax did their little analysis and it said I have a medium risk. Well, yeah, because of 4 different factors, one being my own business. I don't really remember the others, only that I should have good documentation-which I do-and that Turbotax will help me in the event that I am audited, how comforting....? I was surprised at how many pages our return was-24 pages. It gets longer every year I think-and our return gets bigger-not a bad thing. It will help us buy a new mattress and actually buy a bed-I've only had a frame all this time. Maybe now we'll also buy a digital camera. But savings will be where most of it goes-sorry President Bush, but I have to look out for our interest.
Oh, last night we had a terrible storm come through. I don't know how fast the winds got, but our large garbage barrell full of trash got tipped over-not a light thing. The wind howls out here like the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood-no huff and puff, just blowing. 160,000 people lost power in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Ulyana (sister-in-law) said all of the city next to her lost power at 2am and didn't have it back by 7:30am when she called. We don't have power lines where we live, just big green square boxes or little round green tubes in our yards - we have the big green box that needs some shrubs in front of it. Maybe that's why we still have power?
2 comments:
Good for you! Getting you taxes done. It's such a stress. THat's is so crazy about the storm. It's still pretty warm here but it has been really windy! Not as bad probably as in texas with it being stormy. It's just windy and these last few days when Nicholas is down for his nap I can hear the wind howling and everything. Glad you were able to see the pictures.
Living next to Wyoming I can say I know winds. Winds that never stop. I'm so glad my taxes are done too. Now wear is that check.:)
Post a Comment