Well, I've been keeping busy doing things. Work, genealogy, church, friends, etc. Some how my life has filled up. Clint's been busy lining up interviews, and I've been working frantically on genealogy trying to tie up loose ends on the Payne line before I needed to pick up all my papers. Since we only have one desk, and Clint occupies it regularly now, I drag my papers out and they end up laying around the living room where I can sit under the fan and use the laptop.
Clint and I had gone to see his doctor a few weeks ago as a result of his 4th blood sample he'd given. The doctor advised Clint to see a blood specialist-hematologist/oncologist. He said a hematologist and onocologist just go together. Clint went and they took more blood-but analyzed it right there and his blood levels were back to normal range. They're smearing his blood under a microscope just to check it out because it isn't normal for your levels to drop and then return to normal. He has another appointment Thursday to get the results.
We had our final stage in the adoption process this last week-the dreaded home study. We haven't made our adoption choice very public because we have attempted the process so many times and made it farther each time, but as you know-nothing final ever happened. BUT, all we have to do now is get a few beds, Clint a job, and wait for our study to be typed up and approved. We'll then be ready to foster/adopt children. We are going through an agency that places children that are with Child Protective Services. We are excited about the opportunity to bring children into our home and help them to grow and be the best they can be.
I got a second calling on Sunday. I was worried when I got the call Sunday morning to meet with a conselor to the bishop before church. I had no idea what they would ask me to do, but was very willing to accept the call to serve as the Ward Family History Specialist. Our Stake President wanted see an increase in family history with the members of the church and our bishopric all thought of my name - imagine that. I talk about it regularly when given the chance. They apologized for asking me to do double duty, but I said it was a pleasure and Clint later replied to the counselor that I am already doing it, no need to think it's additional work. I'm excited and I believe I've found the person who was calling for me the other day (about a month ago I blogged an account of hearing a voice).
Life is bright and hot around here. Just in time to walk around and track down fire hydrants. :)
6 comments:
Yay! Im glad things are going so well for you guys! And congrats with the adoption/fostering. Im sure the kids will love being there with you guys. :)
Very exciting! Good luck with everything!
You need to call me. Instead of me calling and hounding you for details, I'll wait. But WOW!!
Hi Elle! I have that calling too! Good luck with the adoption/fostering. I'm glad things are progressing!
Yay! Congrats! that everything is working out well so far with the foster/adoption going through. Also the calling is perfect for you! I really need to get working on mine and steven told me i;ll have to ask you about doing family history when we're visiting in october. Being busy is tiring but very good. Then we appreciate those small moments when we have nothing to do ha ha :O)
I caught a little family history bug this summer. It's kind of fun.
As for Clint I am anemic too. On Friday I'm going to the doctor and going to ask about my blood pressure and kind of see if Clint and I are the same. After Clint called me I stopped eating meat to see what the test results will show for me on Friday. I really wonder if we are the same.
Post a Comment