Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Diet

I really don't like the word diet. I've never been on a 'DIET', and would never like to be on one, but what do you call changing your eating habits? DIET, right? So, on to a 'new' diet for me. Clint is approved to eat anything he wants and I on the other hand, have a list of things among them is - No sugar and No simple carbohydrates-what's left? It is an easier diet than the Candida one we did in June, but when No Wheat is on the list, you really are still limited and not in the norm of 'the rest of America's habits'.
So in looking on-line for "Rice, rye or millet bread", I came across a really good website and thought I'd share. It's http://glutenfreemommy.com/ Scroll down and see the desert recipes she's posted on the main page. I've learned that so many people are allerigic to wheat and yeast, etc. I don't think that I am, but until my body starts to act the way it should (anabolic not catabolic) I'm on to searching for things to eat in a whole new way. Yea for Whole Foods Market! who sells other flours besides wheat and a large selection of Organic fruits and veggies.
Another website I found was mentioned on the previous website, http://gingerlemongirl.blogspot.com/ . One big problem is eliminating sugar from my diet. MOST things you put in your mouth, if not everything, has sugar in it. Most recipes call for sugar of some sort. But I will say that finding these two websites made me happy. I like to find new things to cook and eat. I hope you like 'em too.

1 comment:

Crystalyn said...

Hey. I have found that I can't eat all white bread, alone, like cinnamon rolls make me sick. I have heard that a big % of America is allergic to some degree and don't know it. Did you know Peg, Don's wife is highly 100% allergic to gluten. She can't eat it at all. They also owned a Bakery in Idaho 20 years ago. She was not allergic to gluten at the time. That just tell you they are cooks in that house. Peg is a really good and big cook. They are also the nicest people on earth. Really, Aaron loves Don so much. Just a little FYI for ya if you wanted to call and get good ideas. I'm glad to hear Clint is good.