Friday, March 28, 2008

Dis connected

Well, we moved in our belongings on Saturday. We'd actually been staying at the place since the Sunday after we'd bought it. We had all we needed-we'd already been living out of a room right, so all we needed were other things like-kitchen stuff to cook. Pampered Chef to the rescue. I had all the stuff for a party just hanging out so we moved in. We had water, electricity, and that's all you need right? Well, yes, we have our cell phones, so I was still able to make contact with the real world-but no TV, no radio, and NO Internet. A very quiet week I'll say. It didn't help that I needed to purchase a washer/dryer without these very modern conviences. Driving around checking out prices was not an option with gas prices so high. Thank goodness for wireless on the laptop and Clint's work. I spent an afternoon at his job using the internet to shop around and purchase the washer/dryer.
Why no internet you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked. It's a bit of a trick getting internet when you buy a new home. I've been the rounds trying to just get internet-can't do it, to we don't service your area, to oh yes, but it won't accept your address, to no, you can't get high speed only u-verse, and I have to call people to figure out why I can't place the order. FINALLY, someone will be visiting my home next Tuesday to install the new U-verse (have to have a different router and can't do it yourself so you pay someone to do it). But, how disconnected I have felt without our modern technology at my instant disposal. Now you know why there hasn't been an update for a while.

On to the house. We moved in on Saturday and I got sick on Monday and am still getting over whatever viral infection this is (so the doctor says). I have moved the kitchen items in and moved onto the laundry. Rearranged the living room and am so glad we moved all the boxed into the garage and not the house.
Why, well.....I wanted our little home to stay as clean as possible considering all the boxes had been in storage for 3 months or longer for some and I could handle the caos much better if it wasn't all throughout the house. I would pick up a box and bring it into the house, being careful to close the garage door each time, just incase we brough some little friends with us out of storage. I had seen something move in the garage the other night and Clint said it was a roach. Gross. My new home and I have to deal with this? I had packed our pantry items into a box and they had been in storage with everything else. Upon opening the box I discovered a bag of dehydrated onions had been split and spilled slightly. Oh, well, most of the things had expired so out to the trash they all will go. (Trash pickup is a whole nother story-I love it!) Well, last night Clint's pounding on our yard and we're chatting away about my wanting to get rid of the weeds that are overrunning our yard and he says we need to buy a new bed-pick which one I want (???) and into the garage we go to come into the house. I see something move amoungst our boxes and it wasn't a roach. Off to Wal-Mart we go because it's the only thing open at 10:30pm and we buy stuff to catch a mouse. Yes, little Mickey was caught this morning. We'd bought a little box you can put food into and they go in, but can't get out (swinging door-but only on the way in). Clint's not a killer, I'm not a killer, so off to the trees by the lake they will go and little Mickey will be released into the wild. (I hope he can' find his way back too quickly or tell his friends) Welcome to the country living.

I'd post pictures, but dad has the camera and I didn't download the pictures last time I was at their house. It's 51 miles from our door to theirs. I've calculated it costs $12 in gas round trip. So next time I'm at their place I'll get the pictures, soory. But here's the basics. 3 Bedroom, 2 bath, 2 living areas(one we'll use as an office). We'll have a next door neighbor soon as they poured concrete yesterday for a foundation. I'm enjoying my sunsets from the kitchen table even more as they will be gone by the next 2 weeks.

More later.....

4 comments:

Teandra said...

How excitin! Enjoy your new place!

John-n-Mel said...

Congratulations, on moving in and catching lil mickey...not very fond of those varments. Keep up the good work and thanks for the posts, love to hear and see the progress. Sorry to hear you've been sick!

the dziendziels said...

The house pictures look amazing, I can't wait to see it the next time I'm home!

Crystalyn said...

I'm in the country and have too been able to keep the at bay. I like the sound box you plug into an outlet in the garage. They always stay away when I have that on. I figure because all my neighbors have problems and I don't.