I should of taken a picture of the cups full of candy, but I didn't.
Christmas was fun as the kids had already received 3 Christmas's prior to the day, they still seamed to have fun and of course continue to enjoy getting gifts. Mom, the boys are wearing the slippers and loving them. Thanks!
Clint and I had stayed up until 11pm the night before Christmas Eve as we didn't have the boys, but were picking them up the next day. So early (3am) Christmas morning when Santa was at the house stuffing the stockings, Clint instigated a Christmas tradition from his past that I didn't even know about until a few days before. It was blowing up long crickled balloons for the kids to pop and play with the next day. Well, Clint was just a bit on the tired side because as we crawled back into bed, he began to crack up as I have never heard him before. He was imagining the boys sneaking in the room where the tree was, in the dark, and getting scared when they stepped on a balloon and it popped. Well, this didn't happen, but it was a great treat to hear my husband having the same giggle spell that happens in my family when you are so tired you say something not so funny, but you think it is and just crack yourself up.
We went to my brother Michael's for the day and enjoyed a yummy dinner, then watching movies. Clint got sick, then I did too, so off to home we headed in the early evening. I hope that with the new year we will of put our sicknesses behind us! 2010 needs to be a healthy year.
4 comments:
It sounds so fun. Merry Christmas all 5 of you. Thanks for going to all the work to put this blog together.
love the updates. :) we miss you guys! wish i had your energy!!!
We tried to recreate the gingerbread house tradition this year but without the graham crackers. It didn't work at all!
So blowing up long crickled balloons for the kids to pop and play with the next day is a tradition I didn't know about it either. But I do have lots of great memories with my brothers and I bet that balloon things is one of those great memories Clint has.
Post a Comment