Sunday, August 22, 2010

June Events

June was a big month. I watched our previous foster kids for 5 days at the beginning of the month by myself. It was fun and strange at the same time.

Then on the 17th of the month my grandmother passed away. I was in the middle of a training class with work when my dad called to give me the news. As many family members could came for her funeral that next week. I was going to go that weekend to spend the night with her which was something I did as often as I could. It was nice to have a mini family reunion with my cousins, aunts & uncles. It was all rather rushed it felt like to me because I kept busy doing things up to the day of the funeral. I had said a kind of goodbye a few weeks earlier by myself when my free moments were beginning to be filled with other things instead of - I can go and see grandma. I keep pushing off my grieving and I didn't give myself time to grieve when she first passed and now I feel the time has left for that. Take the moment when it comes. But now I remember her in the little things I do.

I wash out my ziplock bags-like grandma did.
I sit in her rocking chair I now have-like grandma did.
I seek to listen when people speak-like grandma did.
I have toys at my house for kids-like grandma did.
I wear nice costume jewlery to church-like grandma did.
I seek not to say unkind things about people-like grandma did.(not say unkind things)
I seek to have people feel welcome in my home-like grandma did.
I save my plastic sacks to recycle-like grandma did.
I seek to grow older gracefully-like grandma did.
I watch the birds out my window and have a bird feeder-like grandma did.

My grandma had a special place in my heart that no one else had. I do miss her greatly.

No comments: